Seasonal Snow Plow Driver (CDL B Required)
Ferrovial Services has a number of positions available for qualified individuals with a valid class B CDL Drivers License for our Snow Plow Driver position. This is a part time position with hours dictated by the weather and can be a great compliment to your primary job.
Responsible for maintaining contracted assets, roadways, medians, per standards and conditions specified in the contract and as directed by the supervisor.
Pay: $32.00 hourly for Seasonal Snow Plow work
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Primary duties will be to operate snowplows and snow removal equipment safely such as tandem plow trucks, single axle plow trucks, loaders and skid-steers during precipitation events, snow storms and storm cleanup.
• Creates a safe working environment by obeying and adhering to all Ferrovial Services, N.A. safety rules, policies and procedures.
• Maintain and perform minor repairs including preventive maintenance and changing plow blades to plow trucks and snow removal equipment.
• Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections of plow trucks and snow removal equipment.
• Operate snow plows and other snow removal equipment safely while obeying all traffic laws.
• Keep roadways free of ice and snow using snow plows and other snow removal and/or sanding equipment.
• Keep plow trucks and snow removal equipment clean and in good working order.
• Report any accidents, incidents and equipment failures to supervisor immediately
• Required to be available for emergency response rotations as needed for overtime at night evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• You will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to your job.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to cooperate and communicate with co-workers and supervisor.
• Must be able to consistently follow company and safety policies and procedures.
• Maintenance technicians should be able to perform basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply divide, calculate proportions, percentages, measurements).
• Must also be able to understand instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Familiarity with hand tools and power equipment preferred.
• Must be capable of working in an environment in which demands and priorities change rapidly.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly developed sense of safety awareness and perceptive ability.
• Ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident.
• Ability to communicate safety instructions with co-workers.
• Ability to think clearly and focus on your safety in your immediate surroundings, while using tools and equipment, while driving or operating equipment.
Education and Experience
• HS Diploma or GED (Required)
• One-year work experience in infrastructure, maintenance, and repair (Preferred)
• Valid Commercial Drivers License, (Class B) with acceptable driving record (Required)
Work Conditions/ Physical Demands
• Regularly required to stand; sit; walk on a wide range of surfaces; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
• Use manual and powered pneumatic, hydraulic, gas, and electric powered tools and equipment.
• Vision abilities include both close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, routine exposure to outside weather conditions including extreme cold.
• Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fume or airborne particles. Frequent exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, frequent exposure to insects and infrequent exposure to reptiles/rodents.
Part Time hours during Snow Events
We are an EOE Employer